What the… I turn away from the PC/TV area for one minute, and Boston lose? To Atlanta? Ok, well… it might have been longer than a minute. Just. But it felt like a minute. Did I slip, hit my head and enter an alternate reality?
Not a lot of time, so a quick wrap up:
- Atlanta beat Boston, 102-93. Go figure. Rob, take over – I’m in a state of shock.
- LA joined San Antonio as the only team to move up to 3-0 in the NBA playoffs, beating up on the hapless Nuggs 108-84… And is it just me, or do the Lakers look good? Ok, I’m biased. But they do, don’t they? Meh… it’s only Denver. Scratch that I guess.
- Orlando were too strong for Toronto, beating the cRaptors 106-94. Sorry, but tired, and having difficulty watching anything from this series.
- To be expected, Houston are on the brink here against Utah, with an 82-86 loss. Now, the series heads back to Salt Lake City where the mormons now have something else to do – castigate Ric Bucher. Thanks Ric (always did think that guy was a complete idiot. Wait, did I type that out loud?).
- Cleveland at Washington – do the Wiz capitulate, or does this get really, really interesting. And does Souljah Boy hit the game?
- San Antonio at Phoenix – I love the smell of napalm in the morning, it smells like… err, no… wait. That’s just Shaq’s jockey-shorts at the notion of Kobe going further in the playoffs than him.
- Detroit in Philadelphia – Now this series is interesting. Gods, I hope, I hope, I HOPE the 76ers keep rolling…
- New Orleans in Dallas – do the Mavs continue? Or do they roll over & show the underbelly? You know, I think they keep going… at least for now.