Well… the NBA 2008 Draft’s nearly upon us, and I’ll keep it updated here as info comes in… at least the interesting bits…
The latest ESPN mock draft has the following as the lottery picks:
- Derrick Rose
- Michael Beasley
- OJ Mayo
- Eric Gordon
- Kevin Love
- Danilo Gallinari
- Brook Lopez
- Russell Westbrook
- Anthony Randolph
- Joe Alexander
- Kosta Koufos
- Jerryd Bayless
- DJ Augustin
- Donte’ Green
And that’s your ‘projected’ lottery… will update this thread as we go.
- Chicago selected Derrick Rose
- Miami took Michael Beasley – thus far, no surprises, huh?
- Minnesota take OJ Mayo
- Seattle take Russell Westbrook
- Memphis take Kevin Love
- New York select Danilo Gallinari
- LA Clippers choose Eric Gordon
- Milwaukee select Joe Alexander
- Charlotte take DJ Augustin
- New Jersey choose Brook Lopez – first o’ the busts? Sorry… not a fan.
- Indiana take Jerryd Bayless – surprised to not see him earlier…
- Sacramento take Jason Thompson
- Portland (traded to Indiana) take Brandon Rush – Rush is a better pick than some that have gone earlier…
- Golden State take Anthony Randolph – risky pick
- Phoenix (from Atlanta) choose Robin Lopez – hugely amazed that Lopez mk2 went this early… at least he wasn’t a lottery pick…
- Philadelphia selects Marreese Speights
- Indiana (from Toronto) get Roy Hibbert – should get immediate court time…
- Washington selects JaVale McGee
- Cleveland take J.J. Hickson
- Charlotte (from Denver) choose Alexis Ajinca
- New Jersey (from Dallas) selects Ryan Anderson
- Courtney Lee to Orlando – wasn’t she married to Kurt Cobain?
- With the 23rd pick, Utah select Kosta Kofous
- Seattle (from Phoenix) choose Serge Ibaka
- Houston select Nicolas Batum
- San Antonio takes George Hill
- Portland (from New Orleans) choose Darrell Arthur – I don’t think anyone had him going this late…
- Memphis (from LA Lakers) select Donte Green
- Detroit takes DJ White
- Boston select JR Giddens
End of the first round…
Second round… stuff that matters (well… to me)
- Nathan Jawai picked up at #41 by the Indiana Pacers… given the void left at the ‘big-man’ slots at the Pacers, Jawai’s got a bit of a shot there.
- The Lakers take guard Joey Crawford with 58th pick. Like they need another guard… but as if a guy who was taken with the 58th pick is getting court-time outside of D-League. If he ever does make the floor, I hope that the Lakers manage to give him number 17 (sorry Andrew).
- And happy birthday to Will Brinson from over at AOL Fanhouse, who hosted the live-blogging of the Draft… on his birthday!