“The concept: Every two weeks during the regular season, bloggers are polled on their top ten MVP and top five ROY picks to date. Voters are encouraged to provide brief comments.” – Alex, Brewhoop
I’ve never been one to “provide brief comments”. Mine tend to be quite long. Generally. But anyway, he’s what I thought (to Nov 15):
Always tough to do an early call on MVP/RoY rankings, but having a shot anyway.
1. LeBron James – Has been a beast thus far offensively, and doing a damn good Atlas impersonation. Rumor is that in an effort to retain his services post 2010, Cleveland’s front office has offered to rename the team the Cleveland LeBrons. I think they should call themselves ‘Samsonite’.
2. Dwight Howard – if you do not know why this man is up near the top of the rankings, you don’t follow basketball.
3. Kobe Bryant – leading the team that’s playing the best basketball in the NBA at the moment, and he is clearly leading the team.
4. Chris Paul – Continued comparisons to Oscar. No, not “the Grouch”.
5. Jose Calderon – belief in this point man could really pay the Rap-pack dividends this season.
6. Joe Johnson – leading the Hawks to up near the top of the East. Guy’s for real.
7. Paul Pierce – I hate that I just typed that.
8. Brandon Roy – gotta give him a mention if not for anything else other than the 30 foot shot against the Pistons.
9. Rudy Gay
10. Andris Biedrins
1. Derrick Rose – posting anything beyond Rose at this point in time is futile.
You should now head over and have a look at the amassed rankings over at Hoops Addict with round 1 of this – Blogger MVP and ROY Rankings – Version 1.0.