Anyway, in today’s sports-news-media in Japan:
- Kuwata picks up a win for the Pirates over the Bo’ Sox… [Daily Yomiuri] Ok, and I’m not trying to demean this (god knows Pittsburgh can do with some ups in baseball), but meh… really?
- Asashoryu & Hakuho on a collision course in Osaka (sumo)… [Daily Yomiuri] Always good when the two Yokozuna are at the top of their game… promises to be a tight finish!
- Dice-K to start in Tokyo for Bo’ Sox… [Japan Times] More on this later, but good news for both Matsuzaka, Boston and Japan!
- Urawa Reds sack Osieck after slow start… [Japan Times] Umm… two games in? Talk about acting hastily… Apparently there are problems both on and off the field in regards to the now former manager…
- Hoshino-museum opens (NPB)… [Mainichi Shimbun] Ok, this is more than a tad over the top. A good manager, but a whole museum?